Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One the road, from Oshkosh, WI to Chicago yesterday we stopped at several antique malls. While not an antique, I did find a Colt Belt Buckle for $10:

Cash Money Banknote Metal Currency

Attachments

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I have 4 of the antique buckles,one was made by Tiffannys,three of them has the hook on the same side as yours & the other has the hook on the opposite side,the only reason I can think of is because it must be a womans buckle.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Jim, I'm sure we'd all really like to see pictures of those!

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
One the road, from Oshkosh, WI to Chicago yesterday we stopped at several antique malls. While not an antique, I did find a Colt Belt Buckle for $10:
Neat buckle, the only thing I've found with the straight post buckles is the tendency to lose the belt hole as opposed to a curved post. Too much of a C type profile will stretch the hole. I guess it's a belt buckle conundrum.

As an aside there used to be a bar/cheese joint called the Badger Cheese Mart (sign on a windmill type rig without the turbine) not too far from the WI/IL border on the East side of the highway (then Rt 41) that was owned by the a BIG OLE GUY by the name of Watson. Made the best thin sliced ham sandwiches on wheat buns I've ever had in my life. Pops used to take me water skiing and snow skiing up in WI so we always stopped there. Once ate 5 sandwiches in one sitting and he declared me the record holder. I believe Watson was the fire chief for Kenosha back then. Hands the size of catchers mitts.

Sorry, I digressed.....

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Oldnavyspook & chadsaa,your in luck,my daughter is coming out to my ranch today to work on my barn & she's bringing her camera,I'll have her shoot some pictures of the buckles then I'll have to get someone to post them on here because I don't know how to do that,I'm so "technically challenged" I'm still amazed when I open my car door & the light comes on.I do know how to forward emails which is the way she'll send them to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oldnavyspook & chadsaa,your in luck,my daughter is coming out to my ranch today to work on my barn & she's bringing her camera,I'll have her shoot some pictures of the buckles then I'll have to get someone to post them on here because I don't know how to do that,I'm so "technically challenged" I'm still amazed when I open my car door & the light comes on.I do know how to forward emails which is the way she'll send them to me.
Thank's

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
Until Jim Martin gets his pictures up, I'll tide you over with these.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.