Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a Colt Revolver Case made by Bob Allen. Did this come with any Colt Revolver or is just a Colt Accessory?
It measures 15 inches overall. Thanks, Jackson

Colt Bob Allen Pistol Case    10-30-19 001.jpg Colt Bob Allen Pistol Case    10-30-19 002.jpg Colt Bob Allen Pistol Case    10-30-19 003.jpg

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The only Colts I am aware of that shipped with cases are some of the limited (few hundred) semi-auto special runs in late 1980s and 1990s. They used various zipper cases and shipped inside a brown shipping carton with label slapped on the outside. While I may not have seen every last one, this case does not ring a bell. My somewhat educated guess would be that’s it’s just an aftermarket accessory. A quick internet search yielded a few identical ones for sale right now in the $50 ballpark.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I am thinking at least one special snake edition came with one , possibly even 2 or more.

i have one also , mine is a little different - and then there are the unlined also .

And I have these bags too - you know they’re good when handles are continuous under entire bag.

Now thinking , I believe the Silver Snake came with one .

Whatever if any models the rugs came with , I think they also had original tagged box of era too .

Attachments

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
I have several of those carrying cases...bought them all aftermarket. They're pretty decent cases for the cost. Colt has sold different types of gun cases as accessories...most have been nicer than the Bob Allen cases shown.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I would love to see some nicer cases that Colt sold ..... nicer than the Bob Allen’s.

Colt now sells the Drago brand , I have two , they are Ok and look good - but guess where they are NOT made ?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Welcome , I’m glad I was correct . I still think they’re are a couple more snakes that had them too also.
Plus some autos came with these pistol rugs too . One definite example is the Special Police DE and think the 1911 Tanker also
I am also positive at least one .380 model came with them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts