Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few Colt revolvers I acquired over the years but don't know much about them. Any info on these would be great. I have looked around on the net but not sure about
some of the info I have found. All NIB

New Frontier G2461 6" s/n G26505 22/22 mag
New Frontier Buntline 7 1/2" s/n G135533 22/22 mag
Frontier Scout 2140 '62 4 3/4" s/n
58137P
22/22mag
Peacemaker Model G1461 6" s/n G192023 22/22mag
Peacemaker Model G1471 7 1/2" s/n G197950 22/22mag

SAA Model P1850 5 1/2" 45 s/ns19859A

Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
1. New Frontier from 1971
2. Peacemaker from 1975
3. Frontier Scout K Model from 1968
4. Peacemaker from 1976
5. Peacemaker from 1976
6 I cannot find info on the SAA

Got any pics?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can get some pics when I get home from work. I think the SAA is a newer one as it is in a blue plastic case
with the correct serial number. Is that what you want a pic of?
Are you saying the one i listed as new frontier buntline G135533 is a 1975 Peacemaker?

thanks, Brian

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
baw659, you have a fairly substantial value in your collection and you would be well served to by a copy of Don Wilkerson's Colt Scouts Peacemakers and New Frontiers in .22 Caliber book. It is very reasonably priced and available here: Scouts, Peacemakers, and New Frontiers in .22 Caliber | Carol K Wilkerson

It is the "bible" that most of us here use when studying the Colt .22 single actions.

·
Premium Member
4,410 Posts
The 1970's Peacemaker .22s and New Frontier .22s were numbered in the same series (G & L) and the same number range (10001 to 199999), so having only the serial number doesn't tell you what model it is. Obviously, if it is a New Frontier .22 in appearance (flat top frame with adjustable rear sight and ramp front sight), then it is a New Frontier .22 and not a Peacemaker .22 (fixed sights, round top frame and blade front sight).
You can find a brief discussion of the Colt single action .22 revolvers on this forum here
http://www.coltforum.com/forums/col...r-scouts-other-22-caliber-single-actions.html
As previous noted, Don Wilkerson's book is the ultimate reference source for the .22 SA revolvers.
I am curious about the Frontier Scout '62 you describe. What is the significance of the number set "2140"?
You have a nice little collection there.
I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
- Buckspen

·
Premium Member
3,892 Posts
Please post some photos, since we all like to look at Colts. Welcome to the forum if I had not welcomed you before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think this is the model number on the box. Have to check.
I'll check the New Frontier/Peacemaker as compared to the other Peacemakers. It is only in a Styrofoam inner box with that info written on it, no original box on that one.

The 1970's Peacemaker .22s and New Frontier .22s were numbered in the same series (G & L) and the same number range (10001 to 199999), so having only the serial number doesn't tell you what model it is. Obviously, if it is a New Frontier .22 in appearance (flat top frame with adjustable rear sight and ramp front sight), then it is a New Frontier .22 and not a Peacemaker .22 (fixed sights, round top frame and blade front sight).
You can find a brief discussion of the Colt single action .22 revolvers on this forum here
http://www.coltforum.com/forums/col...r-scouts-other-22-caliber-single-actions.html
As previous noted, Don Wilkerson's book is the ultimate reference source for the .22 SA revolvers.
I am curious about the Frontier Scout '62 you describe. What is the significance of the number set "2140"?
You have a nice little collection there.
I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.
- Buckspen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys!! Sorry I have been away from the forum handling family affairs. I promise I will get pics of all of these and the boxes. I will have plenty of time during the holiday.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Buckspen, here is the revolver I questioned about being a new frontier or peacemaker. The guy I got it from threw the box away :bang_wall:because it was in rough shape. He wrote the info
I posted on the Styrofoam part that it is in. I think it is a New Frontier by your description and the reading I did (thanks for the links to info).
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,410 Posts
In addition to the features of the guns (sights), the model name is inscribed on the left side of the barrel. There should be no question about what it is.

I don't recognize "2140" as a model number for any of the Frontier/Buntline Scout revolvers. This may be an inventory number written on the box by a previous owner.

- - Buckspen

·
Premium Member
4,410 Posts
G2461 is the model number. 2=New Frontier .22, 4=shipped with both .22 LR and .22 Magnum cylinder, 6=barrel length (six inches). 1 was not used to specify anything with the revolvers made in the 1970's.

- - Buckspen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts