Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Something strange here. It has later grips and barrel, his reasoning is they were changed, but he provides no reason for believing that, other than they are the wrong vintage. Hard to see that 22 in the picture. The crane should have the same number, but he does not show it. I would like to see that number up close.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The ejector rod knob is from a later era, as well.

Buck

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
The whole gun may be of a later era, and not really number 22. He needs a better picture of the serial number and a picture of the matching number on the crane.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
The Frame looks to be the 'early' sort.

Side Plate if original, should have the Circular 'Colt New Service' Logo, but I see nothing at all on the Side Plate in the Auction Images.

Barrel and Stocks are from a later era.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,514 Posts
I would have a hard time spending that kind of money for a gun in that condition. I own S/N 96 and didn't pay that much:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am just going off what Colt has told me and what a few auction sights have said as well. I've sent a lot of pics to historical auction people and it is legit. Here are some close ups of the serial numbers on the crane and the frame but my phone takes bad pics. I am also going by the price the auction places told me it could sell anywhere from 3 to 6k so I don't know I am not a gun professional. Metal Machine tool Machine Steel Tool accessory Revolver Airsoft Trigger

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I am just going off what Colt has told me and what a few auction sights have said as well. I've sent a lot of pics to historical auction people and it is legit. Here are some close ups of the serial numbers on the crane and the frame but my phone takes bad pics. I am also going by the price the auction places told me it could sell anywhere from 3 to 6k so I don't know I am not a gun professional. View attachment 39949 View attachment 39950

No way on 3 to 6 g even IF it was correct and in it's original Finish.

It's an early Frame, which was re-Blued, and which got re-Barrelled some time later, and has wrong era Stocks on it.

If it was $500.00 at the local Gun Show, I would pause, look at it a moment, appreciate it for what it is, and, move on.

If it was $450.00 at the local Gun Show, and, if the Timing and Lock up were very very good, Bore good, and so on, I would still move on.

It lost just-about all of it's reason for being with the re-Blue and the updated Barrel...other than, someone could brag about how it is a FRAME which is Serial No. 22, and, that it still shoots...and it could become someone's Tackle Box Gun ot Truck Gun.

Otherwise, it is a mess, as far as having any originality or Value.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts