Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for speedloaders to use with a Colt Officers Model .22LR. The only ones that I can find that reference using with a Colt are made by HKS, models MK3A and 22K. The MK3A is listed for use with a .22 Diamondback while the 22K just says "Colt". Anyone tried these with an OM? I need these to be able to compete in a stock revolver class shooting steel falling plates. Without the speedloaders, it would be pointless to try to compete as the stages are timed.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I'd try the HKS 22K because it is for the larger K Frame. The HKS 22J is for the smaller J Frame. Your Officers Model is going to be closer in size and chambering to the K Frame. These sppedloaders have a small amount of wiggle designed in and the cartridges are not held completely rigid. Also, you could call HKS. Good luck.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,967 Posts
The Colt Officers Models are "E&I" frame revolvers and have a bigger cylinder then the S&W "K" frame revolvers or the "D" frame Colt Diamondback.

I "think" (Note the qualifier) that the HKS model 48-K will be the closest fit.
It's listed as fitting the Colt Mark III .22 Magnum, and should work with the Officer's Model size cylinder.

As above, contact HKS and ask what they recommend:

HomePage

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been looking for speedloaders to use with a Colt Officers Model .22LR. The only ones that I can find that reference using with a Colt are made by HKS, models MK3A and 22K. The MK3A is listed for use with a .22 Diamondback while the 22K just says "Colt". Anyone tried these with an OM? I need these to be able to compete in a stock revolver class shooting steel falling plates. Without the speedloaders, it would be pointless to try to compete as the stages are timed.
Speedbeez and possibly 5starfirearms make speedloaders as well that should work for your revolver sir.
Freuderlocks

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,967 Posts
Again, the .22 speed loads made for the S&W "K" frame have a much smaller diameter cylinder then the Colt Mark III.
The S&W "J" frame size are significantly smaller then the Colt Mark III cylinder.
The S&W "K" frame cylinder is about the same size as the small frame Colt Diamondback.

The sizes shown on the 5starfirearms site are for the S&W "J" frame 650 or Ruger LCR, both of which are way smaller then the Colt Mark III.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.