Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many out there own any of the colt 22 rifles?stagecoach ,colteer,courier,lightning?i have the ones listed ,great rifles and hard to find and underpriced.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Only revolvers and pistols here. I'd like to find a nice rifle but they always seem to be either in poor condition or very expensive around these parts. Saw one at a recent show in absolute beater condition and the seller told me it was worth a lot more than I thought it was. No sale. Some people think if it says Colt on it that automatically makes it extremely valuable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so far i have the courier,colteer 422,stagecoach and a lightning 22 short,except for the lightning i paid less than $200 for each one,bought several off gunbroker.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a Stagecoach, with box, paperwork and the leather shoulder strap that they came with. The rifle appears unfired. It does have a small blueing issue on the receiver. Spot that appears to have been caused by box wear. Its a very nice little rifle. I have considered selling it. Not sure how many with the box and leather strap exist?

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Re: colt rifles and then some

When I started officially collecting colts over 20 years ago, I snapped up these rifles starting at $50. I have all 3 semi autos, 22 lightning and the single shot bolt actions in both 22 and 22 magnum. Since the recievers of the autos were alloy, they usually show scratches very soon. I like the feel of the courier best with the pistol grip and larger forearm. I can shoot about 500 rds in these before a complete disassembly is in order to clean the internals. They are not the easiest action to take apart so between the complete takedown a shot of oil on the bolt and guide rod keeps them going. As a side note I have several NOS parts such as barrels, buttplates, forearms and buttstocks for these models with forearms starting at $10.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Re: colt rifles and then some

People, nice thread but maybe you could juice it up a bit by showing me some of those rifles.

So, pics, please!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Re: colt rifles and pictures

I would but have never used a image host. I can send a pic to someone who would want to post it. thanks Mike

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: colt rifles and pictures

i dont have a camera,would love to if i had one and knew how to post pictures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts