Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have recently acquired a beautiful set of 125th Anniversary Colt SA Revolvers 2nd gen made in 1961. These revolvers are beautiful in a Colt Wooden presentation case and they have consecutive serial numbers. They are unfired, the cylinders have not even been turned. Included with the set is a pair of gloves so that oil from human hands cannot get on them. I found one picture online when i first purchased these beauties but have not been able to find anything online today about them. Would any of you guys happen to know anything about these sets or who I can get more information from? thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
all I could find is, a few pairs, with consecutive serial numbers, were cased in boxes larger than the single style casing. that's from the book Colt commemorative firearms, by r l Wilson. the serial numbers range from 1am-7390am. how about pics? a few pairs so you have something rare. maybe a colt letter is in order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am seriously contemplating contacting Colt and getting a letter, but want to make sure it would be worth the time and money. I would love to post pics today but have to wait for hubby to come home. He does not want me handling them without him present.lol Thank you for the info These are gorgeous and would make a great addition to a collectors collection.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
The following is from "The Colt Commemoratives 1961-1986" by Ken Condry and Larry Jones:

"Some of this issue were factory engraved, some were shipped as pairs in 2-gun cases, some are known to be nickel plated and some are known to be gold plated. A 125th Anniversary Commemorative Medallion and a certificate accompanied each gun."

Condry & Jones also say that 7,390 guns were produced with serial numbers ranging from 1AM to 7390AM (as also stated by ussman... above). The grips were walnut with gold plated Colt medallions.

If you decide to get a letter on these guns, the Colt Archive department will only charge you the fee for one revolver. This is standard procedure for consecutively numbered guns or guns that were shipped as sets.

- - - - Buckspen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info, I guess Ill call Colt and see if they can tell me how many were issued in sets...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts