Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I tell the year my revolver was made ? Any help ? The see # is 148777F. Yep that's right 148777F. Please tell me the year of mtg. Thanks JC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh...also I only got one cylinder with the gun. I know it came with two. A 22LR and 22 Mag. How do I know what cylinder I have. some folks say the magnum cylinder is solid and the LR has cut outs or a traditional cylinder look to it. But I seen one for sale and both cylinders were standard looking with the cut outs in them. There are no markings I can find on my cylinder to indicate the caliber. Any help ? Thanks JC

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yours is a 1961 according to proofhouse.com. I have one from about 1973 with both cylinders and my mag cylinder is smooth. I know this varies by production era so I'll bow out on what is correct for yours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yours is a 1961 according to proofhouse.com. I have one from about 1973 with both cylinders and my mag cylinder is smooth. I know this varies by production era so I'll bow out on what is correct for yours.
Thank you for the info. I'll try to find out what's correct for the cylinders for a 61' one thing I noticed is the mag fits good in my cyl. But the LR has a bit of play when its in my cylinder. Unfortunately iv fired both from the same cylinder but only a few times.. I wonder what the damage could be from doing that. I think ill stick to mags only until I find out for sure...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts