Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nice pair of stag grips with Colt emblems today at a show and when I brought them home and tryed them on my 1st and 2nd generation SA's I noticed that the grips lined up nice except at the top of the grip frame they were squared off with a squared recess going back 1/2 inch from where the front part meets the back of the frame. I hope that I discribed that right. Are the 3rd generation Colt Sa's any different from the 1st and 2nd or is this pair of grips for a different model all together? There is enough "meat" on the grips to fit them to one of mine but obviously they were designed for a different model. Any ideas?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do they have the letters 26A on the inside anywhere? The way you describe them they may be for the Frontier Scout or Peacemaker .22. Many of the accessory grips for those guns were made by Jay Scott Grips and had the letters 26A on them.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres nothing written on the inside of the grips. Did Jay Scott sell real stag grips with the Colt Emblems? I thought that Jay Scott only did the faux stag and pearl grips.
I think I may fit them to one of my guns and was wondering what would be the best way to recontour them at that squared portion. I have quit a bit of hobby and hand tools as i'm into model trains also.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think you're right that the Scott grips were only the faux stag/pearl/whatever. I have several varieties of Scott's for my Peacemaker .22 and all have the 26A designation on them. It was just a thought that maybe that's what you had.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
3 gen stocks are different,i belive 1st and second are the same.possibly you have stocks for a 3rd gen. if you dont know anyone with a 3rd gen gun i can send you a tracing of the stocks off mine.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer ICDUX. I do know some folks with third generations and as a matter of fact I was offered one at a very decent price which I think I will buy. It is a 45LC in nickel. These grips would really look sharp on that one. I appreciate everyones help on this matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts