Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt SAA 45 and Peacemaker 22 in 4.75\"

I'd like to add these to my collection. I'm looking for one that has been fired. What should I expect to pay for one in excellent condition complete with box and papers? I can't find any peacemaker 22 except the longer barrels and the 45's the dealers want as much for a used on as a new one.

·
Premium Member
9,469 Posts
Re: Colt SAA 45 and Peacemaker 22 in 4.75\"

You have good taste. The 4.75-inch single actions have always been my favorites, and are generally the most valuable of the standard barrel lengths.

What you would have to pay for the SAA depends on the generation. The earlier the gun, the more you pay. A new Third Generation will cost at least $1500, with a Second much more and a First many multiples thereof. Finding a First Generation in "excellent condition" might be near impossible. I have never seen a First Generation SAA 4.75-inch for sale with a box either. The box alone would probably bring a lot more than a NIB Third Generation gun.

Peacemakers usually sell for $450 and up, depending on condition and accouterments. I think I saw a boxed 4.75-inch sell for around $600 recently.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'd pay $600 for an excellent condition 4 3/4" Peacemaker 22/22mag with the original box... Just can't find one.....

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

Not that this any help to you ,but I just bought a blue Frontier Scout NIB 22 4 3/4" Blue for about the price that has been noted. Pretty expensive little guns that cost 50-bucks new years ago. It is really pretty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts