Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt SAA (1998) that I am curious about. It has two cylinders 45 LC and 45 ACP. I have not seen this before and am wondering if this came from the custom shop and/or how common this is and how much it might add to the value. The fit and finish is much better than a 1980 vintage Sheriff’s model that I own. Would appreciate any input. Just for fun I am posting some pictures of some of my Colts. Revolver guys please excuse the auto.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
A friend of mine has one of these and LOVES it. I tried to trade him out of it with a Ruger Blackhawk convertable. I think he's still laughing.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Colt has done this with production models and special edition/ commemorative models on and off although a standard production model/ custom shop SAA with both cylinders is not seldom seen. The sheriff models and an armory model first come to mind. A few years ago, Colt was offering on its web sight SAA cylinders for about 1/2 price. I sent colt a New Frontier 45 35 years ago that I had colt make a non fluted 45 acp cylinder for. I still have the gun and that 45 acp cylinder fits in other SAAs as well. I really don’t remember the last time I used it though as I am a reloader. I am guessing that while many will pay some extra for a SAA with an extra caliber cylinder, not that much demand exist for it if the seller tries to tag an extra $500 for the combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts