Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a COLT SAA WILEY CLAPP REVOLVER IN 45ACP. My question is, I would like to get a 45LC cylinder for it so I can interchange them whenever I want to shoot 45LC or 45ACP. Is this possible and who would I contact for something like this? Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Take a look

Colt Cylinder (Only) Colt Single Action Army 45 Colt (Long Colt) Blue

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Colt-45-Revolver-Colt-6-chamber-Cylinder-/151143808742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2330df7ee6

[URL="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-45-Colt-Cylinder-/380619743976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589eb462e8"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-45-Colt-Cylinder-/380619743976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589eb462e8]Colt Type 45 LC Single Action Cylinder See Pics for Identification | eBay[/URL][/URL]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everybody. I just looked at the Colt website and it says - "Please be advised that due to extremely high demand for services we are temporarily not accepting work" "Services should resume in the fall of 2013" Since this is a Colt Custom and done in Royal Blue I guess I will wait until Colt is ready and see if they can fit a 45LC cylinder to it. I hope so. I did find out you cannot just buy a cylinder and pop it in. It has to be fitted. At least that is what I was told by a friend.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I purchased a COLT SAA WILEY CLAPP REVOLVER IN 45ACP. My question is, I would like to get a 45LC cylinder for it so I can interchange them whenever I want to shoot 45LC or 45ACP. Is this possible and who would I contact for something like this? Thanks everybody.
jrprich has one for sale in the classifieds!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wait a minute. I found the post from back in 2013 for one from Fountain Firearms, Inc. and it is number 174. So someone gave you some bad info. Thier FB page shows pictures of it and a close up of the number. My guess is they made a full run of 200 in the 45acp

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
I think Leveraction Bill's info came from Colt..if I recall correctly.. He sent me the info in a pm recently because he knows I have a wiley clapp 45acp SAA and was wondering the production number. Likely that the serial numbers between the two calibers are intermingled so the serial number doesn't mean that's the 174th 45acp. I do not know this for sure of course, just offering up one explanation.One thing for sure, they didn't make very many 45acp and very very few 44 Russian. Lever Bill said it was a weird thing because Colt told him they mistakenly make so many more 45acp and didn't make very many 44 Russian when the original advertisement was for the Wiley Clapp SAA in 44 Russian. Bill said they told him They didn't even have one in 44 Russian for Mr. Wiley himself because of the flub. I can neither confirm nor deny the stated facts at this point... But if it ain't true, it sure made a heck of a tale around the card table if nothing else!

Addendum: I went back and reviewed LeveractionBills pm and sure enough, I didn't get the names right...I wear a name tag for myself sometimes.. Bill said it was Talo that gave him the production numbers of the two calibers of WC SAA's. And he did hear the part about Wiley not getting his 44 Russian story from them too. Talo should be correct with the numbers if they distributed. No telling though.. I'm not as good looking as originally planned either. You can't ever tell how it all is gonna turn out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.