Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just obtained a Colt Black Hills Special Edition of which only 25 were made and mine is marked "One of 25". I took a chance and paid 5,000 for it as it was NIB with the matching box and papers. Anyone have any idea of the current value of these?

Andy

·
Premium Member
7,344 Posts
Well..... it’s a Colt. Can’t pay too much... maybe just bought a little too soon
.. as the saying goes. :)
Worth ? It’s worth is what you’re willing to pay. It’s Value? What you and someone else is also willing to pay.

If you’ve never paid too much for a Colt, then you haven’t bought too many Colts. :)

Don’t look back. I heard Neil Young say in an interview in 2014 that he doesn’t look at the past. “You cant change it so why bother. You can only change right now.”
.. but he did also say ...if you make a mistake and you can make it better then make it right .. right now, but if you can’t, don’t look at the past.”
I’m not thinking Neil Young is a genius, as neither does he.. but it was good advise about not dwelling on the past if what’s done is done.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Never heard of it before . .. wow 5k, one sold on GB a few months back fo under 2k . Its just a kinda Centennial gun? I like that Ultra rare....as apposed to Just rare. Looks to me someone just made 3k off you if thats the one you purchased....

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/815412420
Eh, I wouldn't give him too hard a time about it. What's done is done, as long as he enjoys it. ;)

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Or the one on Gunbroker sold way to cheap. Need additional sales to know which price is really market value.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics of Colt Black Hills Edition

I just obtained a Colt Black Hills Special Edition of which only 25 were made and mine is marked "One of 25". I took a chance and paid 5,000 for it as it was NIB with the matching box and papers. Anyone have any idea of the current value of these?

Okay, fair enough! I have attached some pics. I am pretty sure it is a 3rd Generation Colt.

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pics of Colt Black Hills Edition

Okay, fair enough! I have attached some pics. I am pretty sure it is a 3rd Generation Colt. SDRider is right though the one he saw on GB for 2k is the same. Win some, loose some!

Andy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Nice gun,late 3rd Generation with removable cylinder bushing “ one of twenty five”,Blued not overly down,what’s not to like?

·
Registered
397 Posts
That one you posted of a gunbroker sale has some mean looking stocks on the left side, But the buyer of that one by the description of Custer , gold and Deadwood, oppression of the peoples of the land ( leave that last one out for good history), can feel the dream of Good company. At 2 grand buy in you could probably fix it and have fair pistol. Talo could have shaved some burrs off at least.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I notice that it's a Talo edition, maybe that's why it's more subdued/tastefully executed. You don't see too many 3rd gen commemoratives.

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
andyj said:
I wish I had talked with you fellas first! Thanks for the feedback.

Don't worry, everyone's done it at least once. Colt's have a steep and expensive learning curve :bang_wall:

Welcome to the forum! If your gonna pay 5K for a Colt, you picked a nice one, I'll say that!

BP frame, nice color case, some gold inlay. It is a very nice gun. Having #1 of a small limited number of guns would add a premium for me. 5 years form now you won't care what you paid for this one. And it will still be a nice gun!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts