Colt Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
looking great so far....can not wait to see this one come back together...too bad they took it all apart...but it was a great thing they did for you...keep us posted...God Bless,John

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I don't see where anyone mentioned this but the picture posted of the cylinder, ratchet end, does not look right to me. The ratchet teeth do not look like 1st. generation.....?????
Here is the picture of his cylinder:

Here is the cylinder that Victorio posted:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I am thinking to find some way to motivate him, maybe mention that I have a C Note "with his name on it" if he happens TO 'find the time' sometime, while we're young...
A C-Note might help but a box of donuts or breakfast tacos (in South Texas) would be cheaper. ;)

Even if he can't find the original missing parts and pieces, this project can turn into literally anything you want it to be. A true one-of-a-kind gun.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
A C-Note might help but a box of donuts or breakfast tacos (in South Texas) would be cheaper. ;)

Even if he can't find the original missing parts and pieces, this project can turn into literally anything you want it to be. A true one-of-a-kind gun.
I was thinking the same thing...find out what the guy likes...it is not always about money.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I don't see where anyone mentioned this but the picture posted of the cylinder, ratchet end, does not look right to me. The ratchet teeth do not look like 1st. generation.....?????

Good observation!

I would not know!

SAAs are all new to me.

But, indeed, the Ratchet Teeth of my Cylinder are different from the Cylinder you show.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)

I agree!

This is a pretty small Town though, no Do-Nuts here, Lol...not much to even less for any sort of Breakfast anything...plus he is only sometimes at the Store anyway.

I have tried to find out what he likes, what he is into, and the only things he likes or is into are now-a-days "Tactical" related stuff, which I know nothing or less than nothing about...

That and he has a new full time Job outside of his Dad's Gun Store, while doing some "tactical' ( Ceracote finishes, not sure what else ) Gun related stuff at the Store at Night sometimes, plus he has a family, so, he really does not have much for spare time...but too, I do not think he really quite realizes how important the 'missing parts' are to me, or for me, but I do not want to push or put too much focus on to those parts, for fear it would be off-putting.

It would be like if I had to find missing parts on my Desk or Credneza - the Parts in question are only within a very few square feet of mild clutter in the Back Rom there, and or are likely all in one area of barely even one square foot of mild, four inch deep clutter.

It's just his mind gets clogged because he has too many other things to do somehow.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I know "where" the Parts most likely are if they in fact are there...and it is where he rummaged for four seconds to find the Bolt, and I would have had him just find me the other pieces right then, but he was merely walking by trying to get a Ceracote Slide to work on some semi automatic frame and he wanted to stay on with the trying to get the slide to work.

I had the idea today to ask if I maybe could just look there myself, as I know what the parts will look like, it'd take me only a very few minutes to do so, and it is not as if I am going to confuse them with what-ever reject and grungy Glock or AR or AK Hi-Point parts, Framing Nails, and scraps of sheet Metal and Milling Machine curls or whatever else, which makes up the clutter of that small area.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I know "where" the Parts most likely are if they in fact are there...and it is where he rummaged for four seconds to find the Bolt, and I would have had him just find me the other pieces right then, but he was merely walking by trying to get a Ceracote Slide to work on some semi automatic frame and he wanted to stay on with the trying to get the slide to work.

I had the idea today to ask if I maybe could just look there myself, as I know what the parts will look like, it'd take me only a very few minutes to do so, and it is not as if I am going to confuse them with what-ever reject and grungy Glock or AR or AK Hi-Point parts, Framing Nails, and scraps of sheet Metal and Milling Machine curls or whatever else, which makes up the clutter of that small area.
That sounds like my garage before I retired and spent some quality time cleaning it up.
Asking if you can look is definitely worth a try...they did let you use their media blaster after all.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

The 'wear pattern' looks really odd, almost like it has been welded up a long time ago.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
Got a 'phone call message earlier from my LGS, saying stop by, they have something for me.

So, went over, and...they had found the Hammer!

Woo Hoo!

Here's some pictures of it ( is the middle Notch-edge broken away? )

Does this seem a right Hammer for the era of my Revolver? ( it is what had been on it when they got it, and yes, they - or his Son - Cerikoted it...)

I have not installed it yet to try it.

Little Roller seems good, no side play or slop...

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Looks like the one. The notches need rebuilding though. Send it to Jim for rebuilding the notches and action work.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Looks like the one. The notches need rebuilding though. Send it to Jim for rebuilding the notches and action work.
I'll give Jim a call later today...

I might go Media-Blast the Cerakote off of the Hammer also sometime soon.

I am trying to decide whether my Cylinder indexing Teeth are too messed up to be worth bothering with, and if I ought to find a replacement Cylinder.

I'll have a fresh look this evening sometime...

101 - 117 of 117 Posts