Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to get a Gen 1, Gen 2, and Gen 3 SAA. The Gen 3 I am ordering from the custom shop, it will be a shooter and will be used a lot. But I don't really know about all the extras the custom shop has for choices. I know I want a 4.75" 45 LC and blued. Here are the options I am already looking at. Any recommendations that can be added or taken away would be appreciated. I was also considering doing a clone of the first 4.75" barrel 45 LC produced. Grips will probably be the cheapest, will get some custom ones made. And is it worth to have them do an action job or send it to someone else? Thanks for any info.

Black Powder Frame
CHARCOAL BLUE AND COLOR CASE FINISH
BEVELED CYLINDER, BEVELED EJECTOR TUBE
.45 colt roll on left and short 2 line address on top
COLOR CASE HAMMER
PIN HOLE BASE PIN​

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I don't think Colt will caseharden the hammer. Get the BP style ejector rod head if they still offer it.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Get a hold of Brent Turchi here on the Forum Bjt72, Custom Shop Manager, He will guide you through it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Brent Turchi... should you read this thread...

Get a hold of Brent Turchi here on the Forum Bjt72, Custom Shop Manager, He will guide you through it.
...and after you assist Underwoodbits... would you be kind enough to check on my SAA with the 7.5" barrel in 45 Colt, which I sent into your shop in December I believe,
to have a .45ACP cylinder fitted and see how it is coming along. Thanks

Pete

Thanks also Underwoodbits I didn't mean to steal your thread but when I saw Kid Sopris' suggestion I felt we could both obtain some information from a
good source.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already sent Brent an email about the features on a clone first year Colt 45 4.75". Is the BP style ejector rod head the one they call "Bullseye"? And I think the Colt custom shop told me about the color case hammer, but I will have to ask again to make sure. Thanks for the help so far.

No problem, don't mind at all.

Thanks also Underwoodbits I didn't mean to steal your thread but when I saw Kid Sopris' suggestion I felt we could both obtain some information from a
good source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts