Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help identifying some grips. Did late first gen grips hav the COLT'S HTFD CONN. inside each grip panel. I have a set of black colt pony grips with this but they have a first gen 1921 date of mfr serial # scartched inside them like they should. Also these grips fit my first gen colt to a T. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have a 1926 colt. the grips that came with it are small, but were obviously ground down from the flat side to make them sit flat or something.. they have a hand etched serial number mathcing the frame,,they are brittle, brownish, i cant remember if they had the colt name and adreess or not but i think it did.. i have them wrapped up and taped very secure so they dont get damaged.. i got a set of grips from cimmaron so i could shoot it andsame horse, same eagle, they have the colt name in the same place, but are very black and shiny and plastic looking.. no one ansered so i thougt i would try to help.. therm e is an oviuse queestion to still be ansered here, and the bettor collectors couldeasily telll you.. by LOOKING at them.. i would say you dont need to be too worried aobut it tho.. there is no reason to believe they are not original. it simply doesnt make any sence to replace them with copys...black powder guns have wood grips... good luck... dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts