Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don’t lite me up yet. 😝. I had sold my 4-3/4” BCC awhile back in another quest. Well been looking thru usual sources
past month and things are changing. GB actual number of listings are down for whatever reasons. I was limited in what I was looking for—-wanted a 3rd Gen below S80000A because of the serial # SCRIPT lettering change and other reasons that have been discussed over quality in general. I see newer ones listed as BLEMS,geez what does that mean ? My other nickel SA was a 1990s gun along with the one I sold both those guns HAVE impeccable actions,
they were smooth with perfect timing and lock up. I had to settle for a different barrel length but this one has great colors and has the white sleeve box and the rest. More pics after I take delivery. I’m in CA so I didn’t use UPS,( sorry bad joke) after the local plane crash!!! This new to me acquisition is from 1993 when serials changed to S00000A ,looks like that year only had the wood,medallion grips which I really like.
Pete

Revolver Bicycle part Finger Trigger Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Line Revolver Gun barrel

·
Registered
97 Posts
Case hardening looks spectacular for a 2019 Colt. Some of the pictures posted here for recent guns in the 2019/20 timeframe have really weak, irregular, or unattractive looking case hardening. Your gun looks as good as any. Nice to see.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Now that is a very nice looking case color! From what I saw of the 3rd gen COLT SAA's is that one cannot say which year has better case color finish's they are all over the map! Even the current production has quality problems for some reason the color is not good and pitting in areas. Note one see's the pitting more so when removing the case color for preparing the engraving to be done.
Yes Ca. does have road blocks, I'm from silicon valley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts