Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone please give me information on these grips? They are fitted on a 1st. Generation Colt SAA (Serial No. 136XXX). Please see the attached photos.

The horse with the rider does not seem to be an original Colt logo.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone please give me information on these grips? They are fitted on a 1st. Generation Colt SAA (Serial No. 136XXX). Please see the attached photos.

The horse with the rider does not seem to be an original Colt logo.

Thanks.

Pics didn't come thru.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Wild Guess they may have been something that was on AWA Single Actions, but my memory is foggy...I'm fasting for a Blood Test...LOL:confused:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Not AWA. I would guess off a european copy.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Maybe a more clarifying question would be - "What does the gun look like that they came off?"
Pictures would help - thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Maybe a more clarifying question would be - "What does the gun look like that they came off?"
Pictures would help - thanks.
+1

Can you post some pictures OP?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Details and Photo added

I, very recently, won this Colt at an auction run by a very reputable German arms auction company. The following is a translation of the auction description for it IMGA0004.jpg and the picture that came with it.

Colt Single Action Army in 1873,
Serial No. 136,847. Matching numbers. Dull barrel bore. length 4-3/4 ". Production 1891. Hartford address, caliber 41 Colt ", frame patents from 1871 and 1875. Original finish to about 10% blueing, bright patina. frame color case hardened. black hard rubber grips with American Eagle and shield pattern.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts