Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the hammer Colt sells on its web parts page for the SAA fit a second generation revolver or is it for a third generation gun only? If it fits, is much hand fitting usually necessary? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
It is my understandig than that a 3rd Generation SAA hammer will "fit" a 2nd Generation SAA but will require some appropriate hand fitting to insure proper functioning.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have found that 1st, 2nd & 3rd gen SAA hammers are interchangable, usually with no fitting, but sometimes the trigger and/or hand will be slightly to long or short and some fitting will be required.

QUALIFER!!! First gen hammers with the cone shaped firing pin will not work in a 2nd or 3rd gen gun, but the later hammers with the scalloped firing pin will usually work in a first gen gun.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just replaced the hammer on a 1st gen SAA with one of the new ones Colt sells. It went right in with absolutely no fitting required. All the info on the new hammers state they will fit 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen SAA's.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I just replaced the hammer on a 1st gen SAA with one of the new ones Colt sells. It went right in with absolutely no fitting required. All the info on the new hammers state they will fit 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen SAA's.
Good to know. Thank you.
Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts