Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont know if staged or not, but pic is from 1895 and I don't think those are props. I don't think a highly decorated Ranger and a Ranger Capt would use props.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks to be a studio back ground.

No props here :)

I have this one hanging in my office :) The guy standing far left with in the corner of the picture is Bass Outlaw. His .44-40 Colt is cut down to 3 1/2" and the ejector rod housing was removed. He also took out the trigger, cut off all of the trigger guard except a small spur to rest the index finger, and made it into a slip gun. I think John Selman is the one who shot him.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Well, in the group picture the photographer told em, pull yer hats back so we can see yer ugly mugs. Now hold yer breath and don't move!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Company A: Those two fellows sitting look pretty near to being brothers.
That Winchester shorter-barrelled carbine is spanking new!

These photos make me feel a bit behind the curve. I definitely need to add knives and awesome cartridge belts to my wardrobe. For Sunday strolls in the park, of course.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
kreg96,
All pic.s are staged, and have always been, look at that pic. of you on the fire place mantel :cool:. pic's that are not staged are vary rare.
All of the pic's here are very interesting and I enjoy seeing them, thank you all for posting them.
Now!.. I think I'm going to take a selfie of my self with a big grin and my SAA tucked in my paint's. :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
kreg96,
All pic.s are staged, and have always been, look at that pic. of you on the fire place mantel :cool:. pic's that are not staged are vary rare.
All of the pic's here are very interesting and I enjoy seeing them, thank you all for posting them.
Now!.. I think I'm going to take a selfie of my self with a big grin and my SAA tucked in my paint's. :)
I said it looked, impromptu. Like those fellows didn't plan on having a photo that day and didn't come to the studio ready with their "trimmings". They were probably Rangers of the percussion era, long retired from chasing down bad men. Maybe decided to have a photo done for old times sake and had some guns handed to them for the event.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
I have this one hanging in my office :) The guy standing far left with in the corner of the picture is Bass Outlaw. His .44-40 Colt is cut down to 3 1/2" and the ejector rod housing was removed. He also took out the trigger, cut off all of the trigger guard except a small spur to rest the index finger, and made it into a slip gun. I think John Selman is the one who shot him.
Yes, and Bass got two bullets into old John and a third powder-burned his face real bad causing him to be nearly blind. This was immediately after Bass killed Ranger McKidrict. This all happened in the back yard of an El Paso whorehouse. Selman was aquited of murder.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I think Jim Martin' picture might be found in the post office:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts