Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a current ballpark market value for a Colt Sauer rifle chambered for 308 Winchester?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Interesting... I use Gunbroker completed sales to get an indicator of sold prices but there are no recent 308 sales. Guns International was just as “helpful”, no recent completed sales. So, Blue Book would be your next best bet but the prices are just guidance, not very accurate. I recently purchased a 1984 7mm Magnum, basically NIB, and paid what I believe was market price. It came with a Bausch & Lomb Balvar 8B scope and second magazine as well as both boxes. Serial Number is a couple of hundred from the last one.

You can PM me if you want to know what I paid. Jack

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
If I’m not mistaken it is one of the rarest chamberings for this incredible rifle. I have rarely seen them for sale over the years but I believe they bring quite a premium over the usual $2000 to $3000 price tag.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Yep still crying over 308 colt sauer for sale in my home town of Minot ND about 15 years ago for $900. I should have told my mother to get it. The only one I could find since at a decent price was I believe in Brazil. I was able to satisfy my itch with a 270 for that price but it was well hunted with in Texas ( I since found out that a 130 grain 270 is easy on the shoulder and sweet shooting). So yes, if you must have a 308 now, it’s whatever the seller wants. The above pricing is probably spot on with current asking prices. It seems that 30-06 and 7mm mag. are the most common.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yep still crying over 308 colt sauer for sale in my home town of Minot ND about 15 years ago for $900. I should have told my mother to get it. The only one I could find since at a decent price was I believe in Brazil. I was able to satisfy my itch with a 270 for that price but it was well hunted with in Texas ( I since found out that a 130 grain 270 is easy on the shoulder and sweet shooting). So yes, if you must have a 308 now, it’s whatever the seller wants. The above pricing is probably spot on with current asking prices. It seems that 30-06 and 7mm mag. are the most common.
You would think that the 7mm Mag was easily found but I looked for quite a while and the 300 Win Mag, ”Big” guns (375 H&H, 458 Win Mag), and 270 Win were far more prevalent on Gunbroker and Guns International... The 7mm Mags I occasionally found were clearly enjoyed while hunting and showed it while the more “exotics” were in far better condition.

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
Colt Sauers are maybe the finest hunting rifle ever fielded. The action is silky smooth...better even than a Weatherby Mark V. I have two...7mm Magnum and .30-06.

Reactions: sublimert70
1 - 7 of 7 Posts