Colt Forum banner

Colt scout

745 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AEROCOLOR 
#1 ·
I was asked by a family member to look over a few old Marlin lever guns last week that had belonged to my father.
During that inspection i noticed a box of ammo she said came with the rifles. In that box I found three full boxes of original .41 Colt to go with my 1901 1st Gen and some misc old .22 ammo. In the bottom was a Colt Scout SAA. I know they aren`t worth all that much but it did belong to him so it`s cool to me.

I got permission to keep it and the .41 ammo but during the inspection and cleaning I noticed the firing pin is missing. I do see a spring of some sort but nothing else. Numrich has them I believe but am asking if the process can be done by me. Haven`t had a Scout apart and can`t see how the pin is retained in the frame. Can someone give me some insight?

Bill

#4 ·
I hear you on the .41 stuff. Paid $75 for a shrink wrapped box of Remington last year just to make sure I had one box on hand. Then I found a couple of full Lubaloy boxes and bought those also but not much color in Lubaloy cartons.

I think Keith has me taken care of on a firing pin for the Scout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.