Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I can remember, the only screwdriver Colt ever supplied with guns, was the round 3-bladed flat screwdriver with a large Colt pony on one side and the serpentine Colt logo on the other.

At various times, Colt and many other gun companies sold or gave away company-marked screwdrivers like those pictured.

The lower screwdriver in your picture looks like a Smith & Wesson model S&W used to supply with every gun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The yellow handled screwdrivers were packaged with the 2nd Series Woodsmans. This "generation" was made 1947-1955. I'm not sure if they used them in all those years,might also have been used for some of the very early 3rd series.It's possible they may also have been packaged with a few other models from that era with adjustable sights ....don't remember any others but not positive.

The prewar Colts with adjustable sights came with a different style screwdriver. It had a very small blade and was all steel with a hexagon shaped handle ...those are pretty tough to find.I have yet another that is very similar to the prewar style but slightly smaller with a molded hole in the end that may have been for a chain ...have to do more investigation on that one.

------------------
Jeff

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello All,

I recently picked up these two Colt and the black S&W screwdriver. Can anyone give me some info about the Colt screwdrivers. Were they supplied with Colt revolvers or pistols and when?

Thanks,

Randy

[This message has been edited by Randy (edited 06-17-2003).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts