Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a base RI 10mm. It was cheap, came with a bull barrell and it galled. RI fixed it real quick and its a good gun. But i like my Delatas better. I shoot Buffalo Bore 180 grain in the Delta no problem, I dont reload so the smiley faces mean nothing to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like it,although the cancer and reproductive harm warning is a bit concerning
I think that only happens in CA, hence the CA-specific warning. :p

Personally I am a bit intrigued by 38 Super Auto and may go for it in a 1911 such as a Dan Wesson or older Colt Commander for carry. I am not sure what defensive ammo is currently loaded for it.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
There's a pretty fair selection of .38 Super defensive ammunition available...not as wide a selection as 9mm or .45ACP though. Lots of online sellers have big discounts on ammunition right now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't care for the FCS and magwell either, but overall a handsome pistol.

Other types are available, but factory "defensive" type ammo I've used in my Supers are the Winchester Silvertip, CorBon, Underwood, SIG V-Crown, etc. So just as Snidely indicated, it's available.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My local dealer just received my Series 70 (new Production) Gold Cup Trophy in .38 Super. TargetSportsUSA just shipped me some ammo for it to feed on, so in a few days I will have it on my permit and will take it for its first outing.

Bob

·
Banned
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Colt 38 Supers love the Silvertips, never a problem. They do not like Armscor so I dont buy them anymore. The Corbons when you can find them are also good. The Underwoods are Comp Cases, they run OK but I do get a jam now and then with them. My Colts also like the target Winchester white box. They are however the most expensive practice rounds out there. The Aquila are the best cheap practice round out there. They are equal to the Remington which is about 10 bucks more.

Lets not forget the Geco ammo, great round but also expensive.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
My local dealer just received my Series 70 (new Production) Gold Cup Trophy in .38 Super. TargetSportsUSA just shipped me some ammo for it to feed on, so in a few days I will have it on my permit and will take it for its first outing.

Bob
You need a permit to take your gun out?

·
Registered
319 Posts
When I returned from Viet Nam the only handgun for me was a Colt M1911A1/45ACP. If 38Super had been more prominent I would probably have converted.
10mm is my latest discovery and I'm really impressed by it.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
Browning was very forward thinking...I believe he would embrace the 10mm in his classic creation. The metallurgy of the time may not have allowed it though...possibly propellant technology wasn't up to it either. Regardless...the 10mm is an awesome round.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I sometimes wonder what JMB would have thought about the 10mm in his classic design if it had been available.
I imagine he would have looked it over, made some notes, shot it, made some more notes, and declared it fit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts