Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
holy toledo, Roger.
if this was the s&w forum you would have been liked to death by now.
tuff crowd here.:p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the feel of some checkering on front straps.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Roger C. I like it but I'm prejudiced, I have one brand new in a wooden Colt presentation case and another I carried in a "previous life". I put blued sights on the one I carried but it is otherwise stock. The worst part is trying to decide if I like the old ivorys or the old Sambar stag grips more.[I bought these grips 30-40 years ago ,I couldn't afford them now!] Jeeze, it is a tough life! Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why is it I never see that kind of quality when I see nickel plating? I have a Satin nickel '70 series NIB, unfired, chambered in 9MM, but I can't force myself to shoot it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's almost TOO nice. I'm real tempted to shoot it. Real tempted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just thought I'd share one of my safe queens.

Series 70 Colt Government Model, in bright nickel.

Unfired. No idiot mark. I use it as a shaving mirror.

My dad bought almost the same gun. A colt MKIV gov series model 70 in 1981 and it has always made an impression on me. Very flashy but brings back memories

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Roger,

Pre Series 70 model...with 100% BN polish and engraving and still worth a lot less than yours....go figure :bang_wall:

42 years old Virgin... I took it to the range last week but just couldn't bring myself to defile her....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Gorgeous sir! If ya just cant bring yaself to "do" her, send her my way, n i make a woman outta her for ya:)lol, just a fabulous gat! Mike

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Hi, nice gun.....the Nickel finish made me break down and add both a 38 super and 45 to my small Colt collection....both with that wonderous mirror finish....and I do not think I can bring myself to do anything but look at them......both came in original boxes.....I am hooked I am afraid....see ya RR.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts