Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here sent a gun back to Colt for service recently? I've got a revolver that has a sideplate fitting issue, and needs to be fixed. I would think this is warranty work.

Anyway, how was your experience?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much. Makes me feel a little better about sending it in.

·
Registered
946 Posts
A week ago I sent in a 3rd generation saa 45. Big chambers. Today I received a letter stateing that they are going to put in a new clyinder with the long bushing as I had requested at no charge! Should be back within 30 days. I cant knock that! I will post back when I receive it. Thank you Mr. Miller for talking me into trying the company first before trying other solutions.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Guys, I just got my colt saa back. Colt put in a new clyinder with the long removeable bushing numbered to the gun, and sent me back the old clyinder! I havent tried it out yet, but colt gets my thanks. You ever hear of 2 clyinders with the same number?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Tom,

I sent in a Python a while back for a cylinder issue... They did outstanding work (looks new)... However, it took considerably longer than I was told... But, because of the delayed return, they included a neat little prize in the package to more than make up for the delay... I purposly left out what it was so Colt does not get bombarded with requests if deadlines are missed in the future... <font color="blue"> </font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts