Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Colt manufacture the SF-VI in Bright stainless other than the Ladies Model with the bobbed hammer.....I have a 2 inch that is bright and shows no signs of being polished, so I am not sure. All markings are perfect and crisp...It does look like the hammer and trigger are matt. Any help would be great, its a nice gun either way...Thanks

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
In my 2010 Standard Catalog of Firearms written by Dan Shideler, on page 286 for the Colt SF-VI it says:

"Introduced in 1995 this model is essentially a Detective Special in Stainless steel with a new internal mechanism. Has a transfer bar safety mechanism. Fitted with a 2" Barrel and cylinder holds 6 rounds of .38 Special. A 4" barrel in bright stainless steel is also available. Weight is 21 oz. and overall length is 7""

This takes you one step closer to the possiblity of a factory polish but no mention of the 2". ??????

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
While still hiding behind the standard disclaimer :rolleyes:, I would guess the claim about the 4" bright is simply incorrect. The only 4" SF-VIs I have seen (3) were matte. JMO :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts