Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am inquiring as to the current realistic value of the firearm described below. I would be grateful for your input.

elalynn

COLT SHERIFF’S MODEL 1941Z BIRDSHEAD NICKEL SAA 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] GENERATION
Serial Number: S413XXA
CALIBER: 44-40 WINCHESTER
UNFIRED, UNTURNED
BARREL LENGTH of 3 1/2 inches
FACTORY IVORY ONE PIECE GRIPS
NICKEL FINISH
FACTORY SPARE NICKEL CYLINDER IN .44 S&W SPECIAL
BOX & DOCS

Important Note: I have been advised that there were only seven of these Colt 3 1/2 inch Birdshead gen 3 guns produced. This is 1 of 2 in 44-40, 3 were in .45 Colt, and 2 were in 38-40.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The most basic thing you can do is go to Colt's website and see what it would cost to duplicate a revolver in this configuration. You can also go to gunbroker and get a general "feel" for prices on the Sherriff's Model and the different options.

While yours being only 1 of 7 is "interesting," there needs to be collector demand to expect a strong increase in price. You also state that you have "been advised" it's 1 of 7. You will need proof of that when selling (or buying).

John Gross

·
Premium Member
21,839 Posts
I own a Cimarron Arms Doc Holliday that is of the same configuration except it has Tru-Ivory instead of real Ivory. My gun came with the Texas Jack shoulder holster rig with a custom dagger. Suggested Retail on this is apx. $1850. A great little rig.
I would guess the Colt one is worth at least $2500; maybe much more due to its rarity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.