Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
Colt's autoloader shotguns were made for them by Franchi and came in standard and deluxe grades. I had one and sold it it several years ago...it wasn't nearly as nice as the one shown here. Colt also had a line of pump guns as well...I had one each in 12-, 16- and 20-gauge.

Colt has entered the long gun market a number fo times in an attempt to be a complete line seller. They've pretty much have been quality pieces but have never been very successful at it. The only long gun Colt has had any long term success with is the AR-15 series.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
I have a deluxe 12 gauge that I sent the barrel to briley and it now has 4 chokes for it, it’s my sporting clays gun and upland gun. I bought my son a standard 12 gauge with modified just like the gun shown and it works for sporting clays ( using spreader wads for close shots) and its a wonderful light upland gun. Recoil operated shotguns have more kick than gas operated, so recoil pads are plus.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The Franchi/Colt Shotguns were for sale in the late 60's IIRC....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Managed to score an original manual for it on gunbroker today. Blue book shows Franchi made 5300 of them for Colt 1962-1966.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts