Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it? Anything interesting?

I haven't been able to go because of work. I will be able to sneak away from work early tomorrow afternoon but be back at 5.

I called embassy suites to see when the show closed but the phone was not answered.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Hope all of you guys that are there are having a great time - wish I could be with you. When you get home and the good lady questions why you spent so much on 'another gun', just tell her "Honey, it's an investment for the kids' future". :D

Rio

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got to go for about 4 hours Friday. I’m just under 2 hours west of the show and it was a busy day. Got to meet many of the forum members in attendance and they were all great people. It was a nice show and I had a great time. I found a lot to look at and came close on a few but came home empty handed. I meet a lot of very knowledgeable people and got some leads on what I’m looking for. Best part was getting a little more education on SAA’s. Overall a great day and eye candy everywhere.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just left the show. Lots of nice guns. I'm going back tomorrow. If anybody was there...I was the guy walking around with my 5yr old son.

I saw a boa for sale and briefly talked to the man about it. The boa on the table was the same one pictured in the seven serpents book. I asked the man how he got it. He said "because I wrote the book."

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
My bride and I were there today. A lot of colts on display and nice CCA members willing to talk and give advice. I'm disappointed in the turnout. I want them to come back.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I had a great time. Met several forum members for the first time. Joe Canali was kind enough (when he saw me wandering aimlessly) to point me to the coffee

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had a great time. Met several forum members for the first time. Joe Canali was kind enough (when he saw me wandering aimlessly) to point me to the coffee
Rick, I enjoyed meeting and talking to you. I mentioned I was interested in getting a Python and damned if I didn't walk out of there with one. I'll post some pictures when I can, but it was a great time. Turnout was kind of light but I guess this is a niche hobby.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,166 Posts
I just left the show. Lots of nice guns. I'm going back tomorrow. If anybody was there...I was the guy walking around with my 5yr old son.

I saw a boa for sale and briefly talked to the man about it. The boa on the table was the same one pictured in the seven serpents book. I asked the man how he got it. He said "because I wrote the book."
Biff, and I was the guy who offered your son a piece of fudge.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,166 Posts
The show had lots of great guns as always but the crowd was down, probably because of the St. Louis problem although we did not have any issues and the bus trip to the arch went fine.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Any thoughts on a future AZ or NM venue for this show?
Las Vegas in 2020. I'll be there with a display of my Detective Specials for sure...

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Biff, and I was the guy who offered your son a piece of fudge.
You were? I wish I would have known. Thank you for the offer. I wish he did eat some but he is extremely picky with food. We are inseparable and his mother isn't around. I believe proper eating habits are better taught by a mother because its something I can't figure out.

I wish we could've introduced ourselves but I stopped asking vendors if they were a member of the forum. The first 3 said no so I stopped asking.

Also, because of my demanding work schedule I was there less than 2 hours. I wanted to be there longer.

The only things purchased was a hat, shirt and knife for my boy.

I will make sure to go next year. I learned I must plan to go out of town to get away from work.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
2,078 Posts
No photographs of the show room, tables etc. for us poor mortals who could not be there?

Rio
Here are a few pictures. Had planned to take more, but got sidetracked. An amazing display of Dragoons, which also included a Walker, a Whitneyville, and a Fluck Dragoon. The display also included finishes I didn't know existed for Dragoons. There were Walker and Dragoon conversions.

I asked to be adapted, but was turned down on each attempt.
Here is a link to a few more pictures. American Arms & Antiques : guns collectibles Winchesters Colts Civil War Cowboy Era

·
The Consummate Collector
7,166 Posts
You were? I wish I would have known. Thank you for the offer. I wish he did eat some but he is extremely picky with food. We are inseparable and his mother isn't around. I believe proper eating habits are better taught by a mother because its something I can't figure out.

I wish we could've introduced ourselves but I stopped asking vendors if they were a member of the forum. The first 3 said no so I stopped asking.

Also, because of my demanding work schedule I was there less than 2 hours. I wanted to be there longer.

The only things purchased was a hat, shirt and knife for my boy.

I will make sure to go next year. I learned I must plan to go out of town to get away from work.

Biff.

Sorry we did not get a chance to talk. I did print a sign that I had on my table but I can understand missing it with all the guns around. I will be at next years show in Concord, N.C. and it should be a much larger show as the last time it was there we had a great turnout. I will have a large collection of Colt New Service and Shooting Master revolvers on display and my trade or member table will be directly across form the display. I look forward to talking to you then.

Hosted on Fotki

1 - 20 of 30 Posts