Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for a small tech company. We have a lot of programmers/developers on staff. We are always buying toys and things to let them play with when they are not working. One of the more popular things we have gotten for them is a Ultimaker 2+ 3D printer. Our new toy I think is even cooler. A couple of years ago we funded a Kickstarter project when it first was announced called Glowforge. They just recently started shipping units. We have had ours for about a month now.

The Glowforge is a home use laser engraver/cutter. You can engrave/cut a variety of materials from plywood to leather to acrylics. You can even reduce the power of the laser so you can cut paper.
First up is the Colt sign I made. It is about 4x6 in 1/8" wood. After that is a various stuff we have done. The last is video of it cutting out our logo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti-IEcU2qDA

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
looks like a fun job. you guys hiring? I want to play.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Looks like someone is going to engrave some nice grips with his toy.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like someone is going to engrave some nice grips with his toy.
I thought about that. We have not done any testing on curved surfaces yet. Everything has been flat. If we can get it to do curved surfaces I am definitely going to do some grips.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice. Have you had any blowback about using registered trademarks yet?
No but just because we are only doing one offs for personal use which falls under the fair use clause of copyright. There definitely would be a problem if we made any to sell which we would not do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts