Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt, \"SilverStar\"

Gentlemen: Anyone know anything about a .45 auto, presumably current Colt factory, all bright stainless, Custom Shop edition? Saw one at recently but never did get the story. Any info would be appreciated. Over?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,363 Posts
Re: Colt, \"SilverStar\"

The Colt Silver Star was sort of a "commemorative" model introducing Colt's first issue of a stainless steel 1911.

The first stainless 1911 from Colt was the Government Model, and the first one's made were done up as the "Silver Star".

I can't remember the production year, but it was sometime around the mid 1980's.

Colt produced a number (Sorry can't remember how many) of these polished and specially marked Colt Government Models, with the "Silver Star" markings.

In past years the Silver Star model didn't bring much of a premium, but that's changing.

If you have an opportunity to pick one up in collectible condition at a decent price, go for it....the value is starting to climb.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well, heck. Thanks for the info, Dr. Wheel! I got to oogle at one from about 15 feet at a gun show in Wichita Saturday. It looked beautiful - the price tag was $1,000+ and I didn't wrestle my way in any farther. Did see a nickeled series 70 - and as I was trembling with delight and approaching, I saw the, "custom sights," someone had, "installed." Aw, bull's pizzel, Batman! That was that. I think my buying will have to do like the bears, and sleep through the winter 'till I get my, hopefully, customary end-of-summer bonus check. Lots of time to scheme and dream ... wouldn't mind getting to know one of those Silver Stars a whole lot better! Never have heard nor seen one before. It was glamorous! Uh-oh ... now that it dawns on me ... the SS would be a series 80, then. Huh? Is that bad?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,363 Posts

It's a Series 80, Mark IV.

No, it's not bad.

Most people don't know what a Silver Star is, so sometimes you can get them "right".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts