Colt Forum banner

981 - 998 of 998 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
My BCH 45 is missing both it’s cylinders while be worked on by L.A. Bill. Discovered the nickel cylinders from my other 45 fit right in,although
looks like to much endshake to where I would shoot them. Some might like the look,for me not so much 😤. Pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you tried a S&W sight to see if it fits? I had one similar with the S&W sight, vent rib 6" bbl which was inscribed Longs Gun Shop.
Just saw your reply to me re: Target sights for SAA. I have not tried S & W but I will check it out. Thanks. Following you will find three pics of another SAA on which someone did a good job with the sight and it looks to be the same as the work on mine. I have also seen two other pics of SAAs with the same sight. Target sight SAA # 1.jpg Target sight SAA # 2.jpg Target sight SAA # 2.jpg Surely someone will see this who knows something about the person whose work we are seeing. Thanks to anyone who can help. mmkennedy

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brand new to this forum so please forgive me for any mistakes and please offer advice so I don't step on any toes.
Just found out my father has a .45 ("45 COLT" engraved on the left side of the barrel) which is in pristine condition and I know almost nothing about. Appears to be from 1922 per Colt's serial number lookup. Serial number is 343XXX. I'm assuming it's an SAA. I hope I'm getting this in the correct thread.

The entirety of the metal portions of the gun are engraved, including the screw heads. It does not appear to have been ever fired. Only thing I know of its provenance is my father inherited it in the mid 1960's. I just found Colt's archive site and I'm going to get a letter from them about the weapon, but I'd appreciate any and all comment from here regarding this gun. I have more pictures if anyone's interested or needs more info.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Wow, that looks like a great SAA, please show us as many pics as possible. Seems as if you have a great heirloom.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
For once silver just might be better than gold. I'm exceptionally pleased how this pair turned out. Jim @ Nutmeg went out of his way to make every thing perfect. From hand fitted back strap and hammer profiles to the 1st gen checkering on the hammers. Well worth the amazingly short (by engraver's/custom pistol smith standards) 4 month wait. Even the ivory matches for the pair. Harpers' engraving?...exceptional as always. No small feat building this pair of guns 18 months apart.

Those are gorgeous Cozmo. Jerry Harper did the engraving on a 1916 vintage that I had Nutmeg overhaul. His engraving is amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts

Pete in CA.

Reactions: Maxcustody

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine does not compare to all these beautiful SAA.............. here is a pic of one I just picked up

1976 New Frontier SAA 22 with dual cylinder: One owner never shot, original box and paperwork.

981 - 998 of 998 Posts