Colt Forum banner

121 - 140 of 972 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
IMG_5255.JPG
IMG_5264.JPG
IMG_5282.JPG

Here's a .357 I picked up for my daughter's college/home/wedding/retirement fund.

·
Premium Member
18,994 Posts
Marc, That engraving appears to be of a very high quality. I like how the engraver 'laid-over' the cutting tool when he/she made the curved cuts/scrolls. It would be worth getting a Factory letter to see who did the engraving if you don't have one already. I purchased one like that about 8 years ago and sent off for a letter and it turned out Howard Dove did the engraving and it was the very first SAA he did for Colt.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
IMG_5319.jpg
Ask for and you shall receive! Thanks for the kind words.

Marc

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Just picked it up following its 10 day Calif. waiting period. 5 1/2" 45 Colt, 2007 production, Black Powder frame, bulls eye ejector head. I'm impressed with the quality of this later 3rd gen, FAR superior to any 3rd gens I've owned in the past.

Good fit of the "horns" on the top of the back strap to the hammer.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I agree the new SAA is better than the older 3rd gen guns. I have the mate to yours. In fact a I have a complete set in all the barrel sizes.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I just got through going through the whole thread all 19 pages.
If you had the dolldrums & this didn't perk you up, you'd best check to see if you still have a pulse;)
On second thought maybe we shouldn't take our blood pressure after looking at all these nice Colts?:cool:

I want to thank everyone for sharing your nice SAAs with us.

spaxspore, the .44WCF has become my favorite SAA chambering.

121 - 140 of 972 Posts