Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gun2.JPG gun1.JPG Hey guys, pretty big noob here as far as valuing guns, so sorry in advance if this is a stupid post.
Ive recently came into owning an unfired, brand new colt single action army 357 magnum nickel. barrel is 4 3/4, Its in the original box(box has wear and tear), original receipt and paperwork (purchased in 1981). It has never been fired, hammer never pulled or cocked. It has been oiled to maintain. Serial number is low 54616. What is this thing worth!?>? Thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
9,638 Posts
Welcome to the COLT Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Nice description...but pictures will help us help you my friend.

Any and all markings...{the box is a plus}.

·
Premium Member
20,528 Posts
I agree with bighipiron! I have a friend who has been trying to sell one through Guns International for about that price. It would be more in the $2000 range if the caliber was 45 Colt or 44 Special.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Judging from the type vintage box , the serial should have an SA prefix before the numbers and SA54616 is 1981, which does jive with everything I see. Nice. Any new in box (NIB) SAA right now is at least $1600

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Just a useful info for future reference in SAA’s.. in this single action army section, the last thread you see in the yellow section (threads in the yellow section are called “sticky’s” ) is a breakdown of the serials for the start of the “third generation “ of SAA’s through 2012. Each year has the first serial for that year listed beside it.

To be entirely accurate, only a Colt letter will tell exactly when a gun is shipped, but the guide in that sticky post is the reference that people use when determining the year a gun is from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts