Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just left a " Colt Single Action Frontier Scout " in 22CAL and according to Colt is was manufactured in 1965. The letter K after the serial number they denoted the finish. I was thinking about getting it refinihed. It will never be sold as this came from my dad. I am not even sure what the finish is as no one would tell me what the K denoutes, Any suggestions ??

Gary

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
scout

They came as 22lr or 22/22mag models. These were the nicest of the Scouts. The K series had a more durable and heavier alloy frame than the earlier models. The 62 Scouts had a blue frame with the same alloy as the K series, and came with the staglite grips, they were serial numbered in a P series

·
Registered
342 Posts
Dual Caliber Scouts

The K series Frontier Scouts were available as dual caliber starting in 1964. The on the dual caliber guns, the barrel roll mark says ".22 cal" and the muzzle is crowned. The cylinders were marked either .22 L.R. or .22 Mag. If the gun is dual caliber, the barrel is bored for .22 Mag.

If the gun is single caliber, the barrel is roll marked ".22 L.R." and the muzzle is flat. Although its possible to fit up a .22 Mag cylinder in these guns, the bore isn't sized for the .22 Mag bullet.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.