Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to a gun show this weekend and came across a Colt Revolver, I believe it was a 44. It was blued with a wood handle. The price as $1400. This gun had three cross screws in the lower frame, above the handle. Can anyone tell me anything about these three screw revolvers?

Thank you for your help,
Stano

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Are you talking about the 3 screws as shown in the photo below? If so, every SAA ever made has these screws. They are, from left to right, bolt screw, trigger screw and hammer screw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chaffee has a picture of the revolver I seen and had question about. he refers to the screws as trigger and hammer screws.

thank you stano

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Yeah, Ruger switched their older model "3 screw" guns to having just 2 screws running through the frame in various models. Colt has always been three screws.
2 pins on new model Rugers...

Rimfire Colt single actions have 2 screws, centerfires with 3 (with the exception of the ultra rare rimfire 1st Gen SAA guns).

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Colt has on occasion made SAA revolvers without visible screws.
Like what I pictured above.....I thought maybe for some reason the OP hadn't seen one with screws so he was used to seeing the screwless version.

screwless.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts