Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of Colt Snakes listed now on Collectors Firearms, Houston, TX. Some with boxes..... Henri

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Thanks for the info Henri.
Those guys always seem to have a good amount of clean Colts for sale.

A lot of them tend to be priced on the high side of the scale from what I've found.(just my opinion)

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
185 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info Henri.
Those guys always seem to have a good amount of clean Colts for sale.

A lot of them tend to be priced on the high side of the scale from what I've found.(just my opinion)

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.......

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

·
Registered
991 Posts
You have to watch these guys. I've bought two pistols from them. They tend to be all over the place with prices. I've seen some I wanted to call the guys I know to ask what they were thinking about. Sometimes the price is reasonable. They let you do a 90 day layaway and everyone I've dealt with was really great to work with. As a matter of fact, I just received a S&W 29-2 from them yesterday.

I really like that 2" .38SP Diamondback.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Collector's is high, but you get service, return policy and quality merchandice. No "crap". I have to say I have bought a lot of stuff from them off the web site because it is a good web site and I can go see it during lunch time, but you have to be careful. Sometimes the prices they ask for a truly left field, but they get them.

Couple of tips. They will not deal when an item hits the web site for 2 weeks, then they slowly will deal on it a bit. Best thing to do is if you think it is high, watch the web site daily and hit the auction sites. They will turn stuff on the auction sites while it is on the web site also.

One of the nice things about living in houston is Collectors.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Be nice to them and beg a little, they might budge on the two week rule. They did for me. I put the 29-2 on layaway the first day it showed up on the web. They are really good people. And they do not charge that extra 3% for credit cards like so many. I don't mind spending a little more to support a dealer I really like, especially if it's a layaway and I don't have to shell out the cash all at once. Of course, I'm in it for things I like and want, not necessarily the best deal.

Peter - Must be nice to visit their shop.

·
Registered
185 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Be nice to them and beg a little, they might budge on the two week rule. They did for me. I put the 29-2 on layaway the first day it showed up on the web. They are really good people. And they do not charge that extra 3% for credit cards like so many. I don't mind spending a little more to support a dealer I really like, especially if it's a layaway and I don't have to shell out the cash all at once. Of course, I'm in it for things I like and want, not necessarily the best deal.

Peter - Must be nice to visit their shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

They claim they DO charge for credit cards......

They also charge EXTRA for lay away (in their own add)....

If your claiming they don't charge YOU for these things then I can understand why you like them as you clearly do, however I am not going to get on my knees with some gun-shop fella's so they can sale me an item.

I feel MOST people here in Houston are nice and that if people want to do business they will ask for FAIR prices and reasonable terms......while a fella has got to earn a profit to make a living, these folks ought'a be the ones acting "nice".

Just one man's opp.

Lee

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've never gotten on my knees for anyone in my life. A poor choice of words on my part. Just being nice to people goes a long way.

Diamondback68, hope you are reading. I'd like to know the blue book value on a 2" blue Diamondback or what some others here think one is really worth. They seem to be much more rare. I see lots of two inch Pythons, but not too many of these small rattlers.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Maybe I can add something to the 2.5" Diamondback at Collectors. Asking price is about right for the 2.5" 38spl in new condition. That is about market these days. The Blue Book price is $750. It is worth what they are asking if you want a NIB gun in today's market. Correct price range would be up to about $950 for that gun in NIB condition. (Assuming it is NIB.)

Blue Book does not show any increase in price for a 2.5" 38spl over a 4" 38 Spl. They only show the +20% price for 22's due to perceived rarity. The fact is you can figure at least a 20% difference in price for the 2.5" 38spl and you have THE box which is worth at least $50-$75 extra. For info, the 6" Blue 38spl is more rare than the 2.5" in same finish.

If you have the change and want one now, I'd suggest you buy it for that price QUICKLY (as in Monday AM) because you have me thinking about it now and there will be others. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

An added note relative to my buying habits...If I was looking for one, Collectors in Houston are considered very reputable. So, I would be more willing to deal with a firm like that even if the asking price was $50 or $100 more than I had hoped to pay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts