Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Can you please tell me a little about this gun?
I am almost certain that I want one of these in .45ACP but some last minute thoughts would be appreciated.

Any proud owners of this model here that can help convince me to get myself one? I am a compete in several different shooting sports in Sweden, including bullseye, field-shooting (maybe you've read about this form of competition) and more.

Regards
Johan

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have a Special Combat Government in .45ACP:

I haven't shot it (yeah it's a safe queen) but they are a Custom Shop offering. The earliest catalog reference I have is 1992. It's an absolutely beautifully finished gun.

They feature BoMar rear/Heinie front sights, skeletonized trigger, upswept grip safety, custom tuned action, polished feed ramp, throated barrel, flared ejection port, "Commander" hammer, extended/ambidextrous thumb safety and flared magazine well.

They're available in all hard chrome or satin nickel/blue. I have its S&W counterpart, a NIB s/n XXX0001 PC 945 with the rare "wave" slide serrations and they are very similar in description and fit & finish.

I think you'll enjoy it if you get one. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a beautiful gun. I have ordered one now, will have to wait for quite some time for it to arrive. Guess i'll just have to be patient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts