Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you own or know anything about this revolver made by colt it has a 2 1/2
inch barrel and chambered in 38 special and
made in stainless steel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry,stainsless doesn't fit into my knowledge window,too new.

------------------
Keep your powder dry,but not hot.
Guns are for Gunners

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
In 1996 Colt built a very limited supply of the Detective Special aimed at competeing against S&W's Lady Smith M36. These were built on the new SF-VI series which was the DS in SS. The next year the DS was redesigned and evolved into the DS II.
I have seen only one article of one in the past and have never seen an example of one. It could reach collector status due to it's very limited offering as various Colts in the past have done, but only time will tell.
If you have one would you please post a pic of it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply it's my fathers gun
but I will try to get you a picture...Rod

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Majic:
In 1996 Colt built a very limited supply of the Detective Special aimed at competeing against S&W's Lady Smith M36. These were built on the new SF-VI series which was the DS in SS. The next year the DS was redesigned and evolved into the DS II.
I have seen only one article of one in the past and have never seen an example of one. It could reach collector status due to it's very limited offering as various Colts in the past have done, but only time will tell.
If you have one would you please post a pic of it?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts