Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, Gents! Been a-lookin' at a 1954 (?) Colt Super 38 ... no box, no papers, decent but hardly mint, no rust, pretty dirty, original brown Colt wood stocks, one magazine ... dealer wants $1,000. Is this about right?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go to BunBroker or Auction Arms and watch some of their bids on 38 Supers. It'll give you an idea of going rates.

Unfortunately my expeirance is that you will probably pay $1000 for a Colt.

You coulkd get a New Clone for a little less.

I cry everytime I remember what I sold my 5 digit serial numbered Pre-War Colt Super for.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, R.M. I'm sure you're right about the $1,000! Kinda' makes you a little sick, don't it?! I guess if I want one, I'll just have to shell out the bucks ... You can still find nice used Colts in this neck-of-the-woods for less than $500 ... but not many! And NO automatics! I'm new to the super 38 - tell me more?

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
By "Colt wood" stocks, do you mean wood Colt stocks, or "Coltwood" plastic stocks?

The gun described should have plastic
Coltwood" stocks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Mine is from 1964-- saw a 1967 one listed at I believe 12 or 1495.00
-- Good luck. Here is mine, stocked in Walrus Ivory.

------------------
An Armed Society Is A
Polite Society

·
Registered
44 Posts
i picked up a realativly new colt gov mark 4 in 38 super couple of yearsback for around 650.the 1911 is ausumly smooth and controlable in 38 super.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Scoop. That's what the seller is telling me. He knows I shoot .38 special target alot and says the Super would open a whole new ballgame for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts