Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can't really comment on what they go for, but I have to say the polish on that thing is un-real. I would be doing the same thing you are. I have to imagine the price is not outrageous. That kind of detailing doesn't come cheap.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
i'm not a big fan of the talo pistols but I admit that's a nice one.
one thing I don't like is the blue grips, I think a classic like the gold cup should have classic grips like the original walnut checkered with colt medallions or something similar to the various custom shop wood grips with medallions.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
They were based on the MkIV Series 80 "roundtop" which I think Colt introduced in 2011 and stopped making about 2015 when the new MkIV Series 70 "flattop" was introduced. I have a normal production 2012 which came with wrap around rubber grips and I replaced those with some Cherry Wood grips from the old Ajax Co. in this picture. It was $1.1K new from a LGS back in 2012. I got it because the fit is amazing for a Colt. Sadly Colt started grooving the front of the frame and putting wood grips on these around 2013.

Of course the extra polishing took more time on the Talo pistol. I would say not a deal but if you really want it then go for it. If I had some extra money laying around and a friend had it then I could see getting it and putting some stocks from Altamont on it like their ones with the horse on them; here on a couple of GCNM MkIV Series 80 pistols made in 1988.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Sweet Pistol, I'd be OK paying the asking price? You can always offer a little less and see what happens.

If someone else jumps on it first, will you have serious remorse that you didn't take it?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice, but it is a used pistol and TALO editions aren't really in collectible territory right now.. The asking price should come down a C note or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts