Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a 4" .38 Spl. Official Police revolver that exhibits some transitional features.The serial number 7113XX puts it at a 1944 production date,again,according to Wilson's pocket book.The most knowledgeable US military collector I know(a member of this forum & an expert on Victory & Commando models)finds it hard to believe that any 4" .38 Spl. civilian revolvers were being made in 1944,making it possible that this revolver was manufactured a couple of years later.It has a post-war ramp front sight on a barrel that has the pre-war 2 line address ending in the 1926 patent date;the cylinder release latch knob is checkered as opposed to post-war smooth ones.The extractor rod knob is the older single knurled type & the trigger has the half checkering as opposed to the post-war grooves.The hammer is the older type as well.I'm happy to own this interesting early post-war production Colt.
Regards,
turnerriver [image]
[/image]

·
Registered
600 Posts
A very handsome and interesting piece, John. As a matter of fact, I liked all of the ones you posted on and the holsters too.

I do think, however, that you need to work on some higher condition guns. ;<) That shiney OP had a small nick in the left grip that I am sure must be bugging you. Your solution? Sell it to me and look for a better gun!

Charlie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts