·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My introduction into the Colt Semi Auto world. Top to bottom:

1919 M1903 .32 w/pearls
1922 M1908 Vest Pocket .25
1917 M1908 .380

Bores display strong lands and grooves and are bright shiny, mechanically sound and functional with honest wear bluing loss more evident on the bottom 2 but for pistols over 90 years old I'm pretty pleased and the three together cost me less than a 90% Python without the box of course (last years prices) I'm a shooter :) Once I get them final prepped for Eezox we're good to go. Hope y'all approve though my camera skills are still as bad as ever :p

Colt Triple Play (2).jpg

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Nice!

All my Colts are revolvers except one Series 70. I'd like to get a late .380 Hammerless one of these days. Probably not this year :(

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen. I really like the feel of the .32 and .380...so sleek yet you know you're holding a finely tuned pistol. I don't know why they escaped my attention for so long, I guess I matured :) That .25 is a nifty lil feller (don't want to hurt it's feelings) :eek:

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
A very nice selection, indeed.
One cannot help but admire them, both as fine high performance equipment and as true relics of American history.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Spur, those are terrible. Please send those to me over here in SE Texas so I can confirm how bad they are. I think they are awesome, you gonna put'em in some leather right? They gotta have leather!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Very nice trio. As the owner of Type I,II,III and IV in .32 you'll never have a better point and shoot pistol in your hands. Hope they came with original magazines. I own two .380's also, and they imitate the .32's in shooting fun. My Colt .25 is a little irritated as i don't shoot it as much, as I prefer my 'Baby Brownings'. Almost the same gun, but different.
They sure beat any of the tupperware guns out there today in those calibers.
Again, a very nice trio.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Panerai : Leather is a must :) Now to find either vintage OR get the local leather guy (unfortunately has been in the hospital) to make it look like a Heiser piece :)

@Texasleaguer: All 3 have the original mags so was fortunate. After I did my inspection and cleaned for some target time I was so pleasantly surprised on how well they shoot POA and handle standard factory loads. I only put a mag through each for function and then back to the bench for the OCD cleaning routine. Happy as a clam here.

@Y2K: They're scarce out this way as well. These came via CA, NC and KY with a little luck and a lot of patience. Gun show this weekend but I'm really not shopping unless another of these pieces happens to show up and be priced within tolerance.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I'm mainly an old revolver guy, but these old Colt autos have my attention. I might have to look for one. Thanks for posting.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm mainly an old revolver guy, but these old Colt autos have my attention. I might have to look for one. Thanks for posting.
I was too Chaffee, every Colt save two (not counting the derringer of course) had been swing out cylinder models dating from 1912-1978 (that's where I seem to have drawn the line date wise) then an auction came up from a great seller in CA I had dealt with before and BOOM I was in it :) Now I have to seriously reassess my next plan of attack...stocks for range? holsters? more ammo? another....dare I say it....acquistion of these? I'm so very scr.........ed :) Coltitis and it's accompanying pillage and plunder to accessorize.....eeeek :)

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I was too Chaffee, every Colt save two (not counting the derringer of course) had been swing out cylinder models dating from 1912-1978 (that's where I seem to have drawn the line date wise) then an auction came up from a great seller in CA I had dealt with before and BOOM I was in it :) Now I have to seriously reassess my next plan of attack...stocks for range? holsters? more ammo? another....dare I say it....acquistion of these? I'm so very scr.........ed :) Coltitis and it's accompanying pillage and plunder to accessorize.....eeeek :)
I know what you mean. I've got about everything I need for SAA's, but getting into these I suppose you'll need holsters and extra mags and ammo, etc. I've got SAA's from the early 1900's, so why not an early Colt auto or 2? Think I might put off my planned 2nd Gen purchase for a while and look into one. Coltitis is right!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Be weery weery careful MtnSpur. You are entering the dark side. These little guys have a way of creeping into your collection like ivy on a brick wall. In my case they bring a grin to my face that's so big it hurts. I'll be willing to bet you by the end of the year you'll have more. They're like the potato chips of the gun world.
I'd be willing to stop your problem right now though. You name a price, and I'll stop that ivy in it's tracks...lol.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Be weery weery careful MtnSpur. You are entering the dark side. These little guys have a way of creeping into your collection like ivy on a brick wall. In my case they bring a grin to my face that's so big it hurts. I'll be willing to bet you by the end of the year you'll have more. They're like the potato chips of the gun world.I'd be willing to stop your problem right now though. You name a price, and I'll stop that ivy in it's tracks...lol.
Too late it's already begun..1909 M108 Vest Pocket w/Colt holster and 1917 M103 .32 followed us home today from the gun show. Speaking of ivy on brick...Wrigley Field :)

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Extra Innings:

Texasleaguer mentions leather and what do I find this weekend? Leather that went with another Vest Pocket vintage 1909, albiet reblued, a nicely done job

1909 M1908 Vest Pocket .25 semi2 (1024x768).jpg Colt Holster for Vest Pocket 2 (1024x768).jpg Vest pocket and Holster 1 (1024x768).jpg

And as I'm heading for the door this 1917 M1903 .32 "patina party" yells to me and well, who am I to argue?

1917 M1903 .32 semi 3 (1024x768).jpg

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Nice group of guns Mtnspur! Ive been intrigued by these lately also... got too many other things going to invest any money but put them on the maybe someday list. I was just talking to someone who works on the local PD. He was telling me he bought a Colt 25,32, and 380 off a guy 10 years ago. All for the paltry sum total of $600. Not sure if that was a good deal back then or not, but sure sounds good today... Have fun, and happy shooting!

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
picked up a new holster from Cooper's Tuesday, left the pattern there last Thursday....
just saying........

rayb

Reactions: MtnSpur

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's great Ray...Bob had been out with some health issues so glad to see he's back in the groove. Hope he made you smile :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts