Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(This is also on The High Road). I just bought a Colt Trooper made in 1958, and had a few questions. The Colt emblem looked a little washed out, so I wanted to know if anyone could tell if it was refinished. Let me know if you want any more pictures. My camera isn't very good, but I suppose I could try. Is the hammer supposed to be blued or case hardened? Mine seems blued, along with the trigger. Also, the front sight is painted reddish orange. I can't imagine Colt did that? Last thing: The Pachmayr grips have Colt logos on them. Does that mean anything? Really anything you guys could tell me about this gun would be appreciated, because I'd like to learn more. I googled this stuff, but couldn't find much. Thank you guys for the help.
This picture was too big to upload regularly, so I had to do it this way:

Attachments

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. Dfariswheel, you were actually exactly who I was hoping for. It's a shame, because the seller continuously told me "No, it was my gun. I know it wasn't refinished. I've been doing this for so long, I can just tell." I still love the gun though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.