Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link, to a listing of Colt serial number ranges(By year)for the Colt Trooper Mark III, revolver?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,906 Posts
Here's the only online source, which ends with 1978: http://proofhouse.com/colt/

For the total available Colt serial numbers you'll need to buy a copy of a book or booklet by R.L. Wilson.

His book "Colt: An American Heritage" has ALL known Colt production and serial numbers up to 1985.

After 1985, there is no public information, and you have to call Colt.

Wilson also publishes a booklet with just the serial and production info.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Since I didn't find the serial number range for my Trooper Mark III, when would my gun have been made, with a serial number of #2194xU?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Colt38, from Wilson's book yours was made in 1981, serial numbers 00001U to 31289U.
HTH

------------------
Dick

There is a word sweeter than mother, home or heaven--
That word is Liberty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello folks!!! someone's selling me a Colt Trooper MKIII .357MAG, serial number 21560J... can someone help me with the year? Also, any comments about this gun?

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
So, now tell me guys, I've heard wonderful things about this model.... but what do you guys say about it?
Bought my first one in 1978, nickle, 357 with 4" tube. Shot like a champ with nary an issue. Unfortunately as an E-3 stationed in SoCal with a wife and infant, bills came first and I sold that first one. About 3 years ago I found the same gun only blued this time, new in the box. Until I got the second one I never realized how much I'd been missing the first. In fact I'm on the lookout now for a 6" model and possibly a 4" and 6" in .22lr. They really are nice guns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, new member here. I see the thread is a little older one but I will try anyway. I have a Colt Trooper MK III and cannot determine when it was made. I have tried Proofhouse and the other link referenced but cannot locate it. Mid 70's perhaps?

S/N is L96458

Thanx All .....

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
Hello, new member here. I see the thread is a little older one but I will try anyway. I have a Colt Trooper MK III and cannot determine when it was made. I have tried Proofhouse and the other link referenced but cannot locate it. Mid 70's perhaps?

S/N is L96458

Thanx All .....
Welcome to the forum. It shows in Proofhouse as 1978. Look at MkIII ... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts