Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
colt folks,
my lgs has a new 8 inch trooper,bright nickel ,wood grips,and is one beautifull gun.a trooper mk III 22lr 8 inch nickel gun,wood grips.
are these rare??

and i sure would appreciate a estimate of value,or advice of how many were made ,etc.thanks a million guys.i sure would like to buy this,but dont want to pay to much

·
Banned
15,890 Posts
Colt doesn't release much production data so we rarely know for sure how many of any specific or variation model Colt made.

Given that, the nickel Trooper Mark III was lower production, the .22LR was lower production then the .357, and the 8" models were not as popular so fewer were made.

Combine it all together and an 8" bright nickel .22LR was a low production model, but probably not what would be called really rare but would be uncommon.
Setting a value depends on the actual condition and on where it's being sold.
As example, you usually pay more for a gun bought on an internet auction or at a gun show, "often" less at a local gun dealer.
These days sellers tend to price Colt's of most any sort extremely high because of the strong interest in Colt's.

I really don't even try to keep up on most gun values, and in todays rapidly upward moving prices it's hard to keep up.
I may be way low or very high, but I'll say between $700 and $800 for one in really good condition, up in the 95% and higher condition.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
If it's really unfired and NIB, figure more like $1600 to $1800...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I suspect it is one of the least common variations of the Trooper Mark III along with the 22 WMR version in that barrel length. What are they asking for it? I would not be surprised to see it listed for over $1000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts