Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone! After 3+ years of searching I finally found a Trooper Mk III with an 8" Barrel in a high polished blue. I paid a little over $1,400.00 which may be a little high in today's market, but to me it was worth every penny. This was the only one that I found for sale with an 8" barrel. Saw quite a few blued with 4" or 6" barrels and a couple of nickel ones with 8" but no blued ones. The seller stated that it was not fired since it left the factory, right..... After looking the gun over I tend to believe him. There were no roll marks on the cylinder, the recoil plate's finish was not diminished, the front of the chambers showed no signs of powder burn and the barrel was like a mirror. Attached are a couple of pictures. Enjoy.......
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Kitchen utensil
Auto part Personal protective equipment Gas Machine Metal

·
Registered
441 Posts
What year and why an 8 inch?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year and why an 8 inch?
Forgot to put the year of mfg in. Colt SN look-up said it's a 1980 mfg date. Why an 8 inch?? My wife and I both competed in IHMSA matches for about 10 years, from 1980 to 1991. The 8" is what I bought her to shoot Revolver Class and you need the 8" barrel when shooting in the creedmore or "dead frog" position. 8" is barely long enough so you can comply with the safety rules.

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
I have a MKV trooper with a 8” barrel. I was going have a shorter barrel put on it until i shot it, no way now. These are less muzzle heavy than the python and much appreciated. Another shooter and myself shoot quite a bit at 100 and 200 yards. Another shooter told me about his 6” python and max loads wouldn't’ constantly drop the targets at 200 yards. Most likely the 2” extra barrel length and a 180 grain bullet or more made the difference. I am sometimes shooting lymans 358430 195 grain out of my Marlin and 357 long barrel handguns and can hear a somewhat louder “ting” when hitting swinging AR500 steel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts