Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post with the forum, although I have been reading it for some time. Just a quick question for the forum. I recently found a Trooper MK V in great shape, except for the wood grips, which are badly worn and ill fitting, leading me to believe they do not belong on the gun. I am looking for relacement grips on line, and have found none. Are the rubber grips for the Anaconda and King Cobra the same as the Trooper Mk V ? Also, are factory grips for a MK III different than the MK V ? I am having no luck finding a listing for Mk V grips anwhere. Thanks for the assistance with this.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,679 Posts
There were two main types of grips issued with the Trooper Mark V, the Pachmayr "Gripper" with Gold Colt medallions, and the wood Colt grips.
Here's a picture of the wood grips:

The grips in the above link by icdux1 are special grips not used on the standard production guns.

The best places to find these is on Ebay,and Gun Parts Corporation:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0660zTROOPER%20MKV

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Dfariswheel's image has expired or been deleted. I didn't reference another earlier post because of that. Here is the only image I have of "standard" MkV stocks which many consider one of the poorer appearing Colt stocks. You can see more by browsing the very few MkV auctions or D may find the close up image he has/had.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
The smooth version of the stocks shown by icdux I believe were used on the Combat Cobra, but I thought the checkered were available, perhaps on short barreled versions?

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Not mine, just an auction image. Looks like the barrel is marked Trooper Mk V. I would like to find one like yours, though, to "fill in" my J frame accumulation. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts