Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I can't seem to find this listing in the current Blue Book

The book seems to stop US Army at 1903 Models Is this a 1903 model marked as made in 1909?

Can anyone help ID this so I can peg the Blue Book reference. Obviously I am not looking in the right place in the book. I really want a nice US Army COlt 45 but don't want to overpay..Thanks

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
No, it's a Model 1909 by appearances. It's not actually in .45 Colt, but uses a near-identical cartridge with a larger diameter rim, made only at Frankford Arsenal. But .45 Colt ammunition will work. It was a stopgap US Military revolver adopted and mainly intended for use in the Philippines against the Jurimentados, just prior to the adoption of the Model 1911. I won't speculate on value, but easily in the range of $1000 if it hasn't been messed with. R.A.C. marking is for the inspector, Rinaldo A. Carr. It is essentially a variation of the Colt New Service revolver. A nice find if the price is right. Not many around.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks DWalt It seems so far I have a good bid going. I'll keep you informed.....Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts